Signs and Songs with Lori
Baby Sign Language Classes
Through the use of sign language, parents are opening doors to communication with their children.
My Baby Can Sign! workshops and classes are based on Joseph Garcias SIGN with your BABY program, which uses American Sign Language. Participants are provided with a special opportunity to discover the possibilities of establishing early effective communication with their babies long before they can speak.
Expectant parents, new parents, grandparents and caregivers benefit as they build a special bond with an infant using sign language as a communication tool in the early months. Children who use sign have a greater sense of security and power over their environment. Signing allows children to express their needs, wants and desires. Signing is a natural way to incorporate vision, hearing and body movement into communication.
* review short and long-term benefits of signing
* receive information on how babies learn and communicate
* practice modeling first signs
* discover how to create optimal learning opportunities for babies
* discuss ways to involve non-parental caregivers
* Mississippi and Louisiana State Certified Teacher with a B.S. in Education.
* 10+ years teaching
* 12+ years fluency in American Sign Language
* Began teaching Sign for Babies in 2005.
* Taught sign language classes for adults and high school students
* Taught the deaf and hearing.
* Taught students of all ages
Location, Time, and Duration
Classes are offered in New Orleans, Louisiana area.
On-site classes can be arranged for your daycare center, school, family center, or home. All classes are tailored to meet your individual or organizational needs.
FREE one hour introductory presentations-- Presentations will introduce your group to the What, How and Why of signing with your baby.
Introductory workshops are offered to jumpstart your learning. Workshops are held monthly for 2 hours and are limited to 10 families. Parents will leave this workshop with a better understanding of the benefits of signing with their infant and how to get started. Participants will leave with a minimum of 50 new ASL signs to use with their infants. Infants welcome!
Cost: per family--Max. 3 people (Mother, Father, Grandparent, etc. . .) SIGN with your BABYâ„¢ kits are strongly recommended, but not required.
For more in-depth learning---Six-week classes are forming soon! Email me for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|< Prev||Next >|