The Power is in Your Hands
Classes, Workshops, and Presentations
We are the "real" American Sign Language program! No "made-up" signs! SIGN with your BABY Presenters are Certified Members of SIGN2ME/Northlight Communications.
Learn2Sign offers classes, workshops, and presentations.
My name is Marta Andrews-Suttorp, founder of Learn2Sign! Married for 29 years and the mother of three terrific young men (and a new grandma!), I have lived and worked in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area my entire life.
My educational background and professional experience are quite varied. I have worked as a paraprofessional in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program at Northview Public Schools, provided educational therapy at Integrative Educational Partners, and have been a certified emergency medical dispatcher since 2010.
In addition to teaching ASL and SIGN with your BABY classes, I teach ASL for emergency medical services personnel and individuals with disabilities.
In SIGN with your BABY classes, participants learn ASL signs through traditional instruction, songs, and nursery rhymes. Learning about Deaf Culture and history is also an important feature of my classes. I believe it is important that participants have a basic understanding of ASL and Deaf Culture, know why it is important that signs are not "made up", and learn the difference between similar signs that may have drastically different meanings.
That's what makes Learn2Sign one of the best sign language classes available!
For Elementary Teachers! Using American Sign Language in the Classroom!
The benefits of using sign language in the classroom are numerous. Among them:
* Reduce frustration and noise levels in the classroom!
* Give instructions to one or several students at one time without verbally disrupting the class!
* Give children with special needs the opportunity to interact in a meaningful way with typically developing children. General acceptance of children with special needs in greatly enhanced!
* Reinforce verbal language by adding visual and kinesthetic emphasis to auditory input!
* Add sign language to increase interest in books and music!
Classes are available upon request with enough interest.
Fees and Schedules
For current information and costs on all classes, workshops, and presentations, please contact Marta by text at 616-498-0116.
|< Prev||Next >|